Halloween Bingo 2017 - Werewolves

Men at Arms - Terry Pratchett

"Be a MAN In the City Watch! The City Watch needs MEN!"

But what it's got includes Corporal Carrot (technically a dwarf), Lance-constable Cuddy (really a dwarf), Lance-constable Detritus (a troll), Lance-constable Angua (a woman ... most of the time) and Corporal Nobbs (disqualified from the human race for shoving).

And they need all the help they can get. Because there's evil in the air and murder afoot and something very nasty in the streets.

It'd help if it could all be sorted out by noon, because that's when Captain Vimes is officially retiring, handing in his badge and getting married.

And since this is Ankh-Morpork, noon promises to be not just high, but stinking.

So many books to choose from, but I thought I'd start with something funny, and you can't beat a bit of Pratchett and his take on werewolves.

In this case the werewolf is Delphine Angua von Uberwald, the first female member of the City Watch. She's kick-ass, beautiful, and a vegetarian (unusual for a werewolf).

The men (and women, trolls, and dwarves) of the Watch are a close second behind the Witches as my favourite Discworld characters.

Ingrid Bolso Berdal as Angua von Uberwald