Getting ready for Halloween Bingo!
Getting ready for Halloween Bingo!

So my only rule for the bingo is I mustn't buy any books for the game. But that shouldn't be a problem because I've got plenty of books on my shelves (see picture), or on my kindle which will help me knock off quite a few squares. Some will be re-reads and some are ones that have been sitting patiently in my TBR pile.

Library books are OK, as are kindle freebies and books that are out of copyright and/or in the public domain.

Looking at at my initial list, Pratchett, Gaiman, and Bradbury are probably going to take up quite a few squares between them. I've got Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes on my kindle and I think it would be perfect for 'magic realism', plus I've been meaning to read it for ages. Ditto The Haunting of Hill House, which is a no-brainer for the haunted house square.

The Shining is the latest book I picked up from the free to good home table at my gym, but I've got a sneaky feeling it's one of the few books King set somewhere other than New England. Meh, I'm sure I'll squeeze it in somewhere (dark and stormy night, maybe) and I've got Stones and Bones of New England as a fall-back anyway.

Can't wait to get started.