Finished it!

Brush Back (V.I. Warshawski) - Sara Paretsky

I've been a fan of this series pretty much from the start. My neighbour in England was on Team Kinsey, but I was always rooting for Team Vic. Which worked out pretty well because we could borrow each other's books.

But although Kinsey Milhone has just about worked her way through the alphabet, she remains firmly stuck in the 1980s, while VI Warshawski and her friends have got older and moved with the times. And the older Vic gets, the harder it is for her to bounce back from the inevitable beatings she receives when she sticks her nose into the goings on of corrupt politicians.

And in Brush Back there is a lot of corruption for her to stick her nose into as she attempts to find out why a woman was framed for murder, and at the same time, clear the name of her dead cousin Boom-Boom, former star player for the Chicago Blackhawks.

Lots of twists and turns, and some heart-stopping moments. And scenes at Wrigley Field and the United Center which made this sports nut very happy indeed. My one gripe is that the action was taking place at the same time as the Stanley Cup playoffs, but we never get to find out who wins.